Friday, December 9, 2011

I Remember......#1





In fifth grade our teacher used to always read to us after lunch recess. She was great at reading stories, using different voices and inflections, she always made reading seem like so much fun. You could easily see yourself inside the story. Ever since I was little I enjoyed books, but it was this teacher in particular who really got me into reading. She once read us a Nancy Drew book-which one I don't quite remember-but after that I was hooked. I read the entire series after that. I think it may have taken a while but the rest of that year and over the summer, whenever I could get to the library I was down with Nancy Drew! :D This may have also been the beginning of my love for crime and investigation shows, but that's a story for another day...:D After getting into this series I was all about wanting to carry things I may need in case of an impromptu investigation! Because, you know how often that happens when your like...ten years old!

And apparently a screwdriver in her back pocket...
That girl always had every thing she needed...right in her purse! Mini flashlight, small sketch pad and color pencils (in case she needed to sketch a suspect of course!), well, then I needed it too! I still have a special place in my little heart for that girl detective, and have gone back and read several of those books all over again. Its a little different now that I'm an adult-the dialog is hokey and cheesy, but hey-they are classics! I never got to solve cases of my own (heehee) but I lugged that crap around forever in hopes that I would! And hey, maybe someday I will!


pictures from www.weheartit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment